JOHN FLUEVOG SHOES
3D OPERATOR – RENDERING HEELS AND PLATFORMS:
POSTED: June 1, 2012
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
COMPENSATION: Hourly based on experience
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a contract position. The 3D operator will be responsible for rendering heels and platforms for upcoming collections. They must be able to alter existing 3D files; make modifications and creating new 3D files from design sketches in order to have rapid prototypes made. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of 3D rendering software including Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite and be able to train using our footwear specific 3D program. Must have a good working knowledge in color, knowledge of product design (shoe experience a bonus but not essential), able to work independently, and an understanding of construction and materials.
• Creating 3D files for new heel and platform development, as well as altering existing files to create new versions.
• Work closely with the Design Department.
• Create a system for cataloging and filing the 3D files for future reference.
• Direct communication with Design and Development, ensuring that projects are proceeding according to timelines, and that specs are being translated properly.
• Communication with factories who are currently preparing 3D file of lasts, working with them to get new files in a timely manner and properly managing all incoming files.
• Work with local rapid prototyping company to have samples made.
• Work with Design and manufacturing resources to ensure proper mold and last development.
• Constant management of product changes; maintenance of accurate records and product documentation, furnishing relevant departments with accurate, timely project information.
• Confirmation of incoming prototype samples, and sign off for product confirmation.
• 3-5 years experience using 3D rendering software and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must possess strong skills in technical drawing and creation of detailed specs.
• Successful project management skills and ability to work independently is essential.
• Ability to understand, assess and problem solve by leveraging technical and analytical skills.
This is a contract position to start and has the potential to turn into a permanent part time or full time position depending on the right candidate.
Please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with portfolio