The Peanut Gallery at John Fluevog Calgary is proud to present:
Festival Nation by Jeff Cruz
April 1st – May 31st, 2014
Opening Reception Party – April 12th from 4-7pm
FESTIVAL NATION is a long-term project that explores the emerging culture and movement of transformative gatherings, through multiple themes. This first series explores the theme of Celebration. The celebration atmosphere, created with the music, costumes, and visuals first attracts many to these transformative gatherings.
We can’t wait to see you there!
What’s better than Fluevogs? FREE Fluevogs – and they could be yours for the next 10 years!
Stop by your local Fluevog store before May 14th to try on or purchase a pair of shoes to be entered. Oh, you should probably consider purchasing an extra suitcase – if you win, you’re going to have too many shoes for your carry-on. Contest rules apply.
EVENTS AT JOHN FLUEVOG PORTLAND
Sunday, April 27th from 6 – 8pm
A Close Knit Group: Join Fluevog Shoes Portland for an evening of shoes, knitting, and wine!
Sunday, May 4th from 2 – 6PM
Come and see us at John Fluevog Shoes Portland for a shopping experience sure to be great for moms and their little ones!
JOHN FLUEVOG PORTLAND
firstname.lastname@example.org – 503-241-3338
1224 SW Stark Street
Quotations From Chairman John Fluevog – pages 10 – 11 – c.1992-1996
Left – M994 Sandal and M981/2 Sandal
Right - No. 171 Chelsea and No. 174 Sandal
Join us in Vancouver on Thursday, April 10th from 5-9 pm when John Fluevog and other participating stores will get together to celebrate fashion, food, and music in Gastown, the neighbourhood we’re lucky enough to call home!
The Thirty Possible Futures of John Fluevog – pages 4, 5 – c.2000
Left – Lounge Lizard Flame Orange, Lounge Lizard Flame Wine
Right - Lounge Lizard Flame Red, Lounge Lizard Flame Black
The Best Principles From FluevogScience to Win at Business and Life
We’ve always been disruptive innovators here at Fluevog (Open Source Footwear,FlueMarket, John’s DNA etc.), but with business heating up and getting more competitive we want to let you innovative business types into our plans for the future. Think outside of the box? What about exploding the box with Big Data, synergism, and One for One Less onto a collaborative canvas of phygital, 7σ outernets? Be Different! Question Everything!
1. The Power of 3: They say humans like things in sets of 3. We’re not convinced – from now on, Lists of 13 14!
2. One for One Less: Now for every shoe you buy, we’ll take one shoe away from someone who has too many, and give it to someone who doesn’t quite have too many yet.
3. No photos in stores? You now have to take a picture before we’ll let you in the Fluevog stores.
4. The display shoes in our stores have now been replaced with hundreds of pieces of paper, with drawings of iPads with interactive pictures of each shoe.
5. Customization? We’re going to flip that on its head! (“You guys are crazy!”) Now you can have any colo(u)r you want, as long as it’s black (RIP Henry).
6. Always pushing green, we’ve now placed random types of tree seeds on the soles of the shoes. We hope you like randomly placed oak trees, City Hall.
7. You can now sell your old lightly loved Fluevogs to other Fluevogers online at FlueMarket.com
8. The Footwear industry has been shackled by the very definition of the industry – breaking free, we have started producing footwear for every part of the body. We decided to tell the customer what they wanted, not ask them.
9. Online orders will not be delivered by driverless cars, or single driver cars, but revolutionarily double drivered vans! (Early experimentation of this strategy have so far proven fatal.)
10. The world has been preaching ‘be different’ for so long… we’ll be the only ones to promote sameness. From now on, we will only be making one size of shoe – it’s up to the customer to fit in. This program is testing poorly in certain markets. The single size will be referred to as ‘prince symbol’.
11. We’re taking all the ping-pong tables, in-house chefs, and Foosball tables out of our head office and sending them to the factories where our single-sized Fluevogs are made. We encourage others to follow suit.
12. Stores will now be open 24 hours (not in a row).
13. In-Yoga Office: Instead of in-office yoga, we’ll insist that your yoga studio lets you catch up on email and twitter during child’s pose. NamastEmail anyone?
14. Made in China? Made in America? How about made in your living room? Order online and we’ll send you a guy (Derek) who will live with you for 2 weeks and make them right there! (He eats a lot btw. #glutenfree)(Great guy though.)