ABOUT THE PROGRAM
John Fluevog Shoes is looking for a full time Design & Development Intern from July 1st to December 31st, 2020. Office hours are 10am – 6pm (Monday-Friday), paid at minimum wage.
As an intern, you will gain valuable insight into the world of footwear design, development and manufacturing. You will participate in the planning and execution of a collection, from beginning to end.
Ideal candidates for the internship are Canadian residents over the age of 19 and have previous experience working in fashion, footwear, or product development. Current students and graduates from design programs will also be considered.
- Sample management/tracking/handling
- Organization of materials
- Handling and organizing shipments
- Assist Design & Development with various tasks
- Strong proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, time management skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Able to work full-time during the internship
- Ability to be creative on a tight deadline
- Technically savvy and quick to grasp new skills and software
- Legal to work in Canada without sponsorship from the company
- Creative, positive, energetic and proactive
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in photography, including editing/taking pictures
- 3D Experience and knowledge is a plus
ABOUT FLUEVOG HQ
Fluevog HQ is an office of hard-working, collaborative, creative, dog-friendly & human-friendly professionals. We are thankful, open minded, nurture talent, never forget to laugh at ourselves, and take celebrating birthdays and special occasions very seriously. Besides shoes, some of our shared interests include Lego, Stranger Things, patios and doughnuts.
TO APPLY: Please answer all three questions:
- Why would you like to be an intern at John Fluevog Shoes? (and please don’t tell us you have a passion for fashion)
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this internship position?
- Describe yourself in 3 words
Please send your answers, along with a cover letter, resume and your portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with a maximum file size of 5MB (links to online portfolios/ dropbox are also welcome).
Applicant must be willing to relocate to Vancouver and available to work legally in Canada. We do not offer relocation help and don’t sponsor working visas.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 10th, 2020
The “Fine Print”
Completed applications must be received by April 10th, 2020 at 6pm ET. Applications received after the deadline or those that are incomplete are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview!