ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
John Fluevog Shoes is looking for a full time Design & Development Intern from February 1st to July 31st 2016. Office Hours are 10am – 6pm (Monday-Friday), paid at minimum wage.
As an intern, you will gain valuable insight into the world of footwear design, development and manufacturing. You will participate in the planning and execution of a collection, from beginning to end.
Ideal candidates for the internship are Canadian residents over the age of 19 and have previous experience working in fashion, footwear, or product development. Graduates from design programs will also be considered.
Design Intern Responsibilities
- Sample management/tracking/handling
- Organization of materials
- Handling and organizing shipments
- Assist Design & Development with various tasks
- Strong proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, time management skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Able to work full-time during the internship
- Ability to be creative on a tight deadline
- Technically savvy and quick to grasp new skills and software
- Legal to work in Canada without sponsorship from the company
- Creative, positive, energetic and proactive
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in photography, including editing/taking pictures
- 3D Experience and knowledge is a plus
TO APPLY: Please answer all three questions:
- Why would you like to be an intern at John Fluevog Shoes? (and please don’t tell us you have a passion for fashion)
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this internship position?
- Describe yourself in 3 words
Please send in your answers, along with a cover letter, resume, your portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com with a maximum file size of 5MB (links to online portfolios/ dropbox are also welcome).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 1, 2016
The “Fine Print”
Completed applications must be received by Friday, January 1, 2016 at 6pm EST. Applications received after the deadline or those that are incomplete are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview!