If you’ve been walking around thinking, “Gee, I wish I could manage the most amazing retail store in the Fluniverse,” then we have some great news to report. Your dream could just become a reality! Read through the job description below, have a look at our website, and if you think you have the chops to be our next superstar store manager, send your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you (especially you).
Job Purpose: To manage the brand, Fluevog Brooklyn and be the team-lead in sales, operations, inventory, customer service, communication, training and coaching.
The following is required:
- Open/Full-Time Availability
- Management Experience (Minimum 1 year)
- Retail and Customer Service Experience (Minimum 3 years)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exemplary communication and customer service
- Excellent delegation and organizational skills
- Management proficiency
- High value on teamwork
- Enthusiasm for sales and reaching sales goals
- Sales training & staffing experience
- Strong market knowledge & strategic planning ability
- Event coordination experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for John Fluevog Shoes
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains positive store staff performance by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by setting individual and team sales goals, coaching sales and selling by example.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Provides a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store as a brand ambassador.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to be on your feet for 8 hours and kneeling/bending down on hard surface floors while serving the customer; climbing ladders; lifting heavy boxes.